MellosChourico.com uses UPS as its primary shipping provider. The standard shipping method depends on the package destination. We recommend a maximum of 2 Day service to ensure that products arrive to your destination within 48 hours. If your area of the country normally experiences hot weather, we strongly recommend you choose the 2nd or Next Day Air shipping option. Orders are shipped in an insulated box with sufficient cold packs.
Please arrange to have someone home on the delivery date. Whether or not UPS will leave an unattended package is at their discretion. Also, we DO NOT guarantee packages that are left unattended by UPS, as they may sit in high temperatures. Upon delivery, we'll receive notification from UPS on whether or not someone was available to sign for it. This will be the sole manner of determining whether or not someone was available.
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Due to the heat, we do not ship packages via UPS Ground if you are in a zone that requires 3 or more days to arrive. We recommend an upgrade to at least 2nd Day Air. We DO NOT guarantee packages shipped with anything over 2 days of transit time.
Most orders placed Monday - Wednesday before 11A.M. (EST) will be processed that day. Orders received after 11:00 A.M. (EST) weekdays or anytime on Thursday - Sunday or holidays will be processed the following Monday (business day if Monday is a holiday). *While most orders will be processed same day, we reserve the right to process the following day when experiencing high order volumes. This may or may not affect the timing of your shipment.
Shipping date will depend on the transit time and delivery method you select. See our UPS Ground shipping map for delivery times. The maximum amount of time packages can be in transit is 2 days during the summer (5 days September - May). Because there are no Saturday/Sunday deliveries available, we do not ship packages that will be held up over a weekend.
- Orders placed on Monday or Tuesday will ship in the current week, as long as transit time is a max of 2 days. (If one or more items is out of stock, we will wait for all items and provide a full shipment at that time.)
- Orders received Wednesday - Sunday will ship the following Monday (or next business day).
Some destinations may allow Saturday delivery for an extra charge. Please contact us with inquiries about Saturday delivery.
- Our minimum order is 5 pounds of sausage items. Other items (e.g. coffee syrup, spices, etc.) do not count toward the minimum.
- We cannot ship orders to P.O. Boxes or APO/FPO addresses. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Please arrange to have someone available to receive your order and refrigerate upon receipt. We are not responsible for delays in receipt should UPS, at its discretion, not leave your package for security or any other reason unattended at your shipping address.
- Please note that we are not responsible for delays in shipment outside of our control (i.e. snow, an incorrect shipping address, or if you are unavailable to accept your delivery).
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us before you place your order. Thank You!
Please keep in mind that food items are not returnable. IF YOU RECEIVE A DAMAGED PACKAGE, DO NOT DISCARD IT!! UPS may wish to see the package. Try to keep the package in a cooler or refrigerator until it is inspected or picked up. To report a damaged order you must call us within 24 hours of receipt at 1-508-673-2320.